Updating with a blast from the past! Sarah Zama has challenged me to revisit my very first blog post! Had to dig back a ways, but here it is:
I’ve realized that I need a stronger platform and web presence, as my writing career progresses into the New Year. This page is a work in progress and will undergo many face-lifts for sure. So bear with me, as it all comes together. Thanks for being such great readers and friends!
The Rules for the #MyFirstPostRevisited Blog Hop
1. No cheating. You must highlight your first post. Not your second post, not one you love… the first post only.
2. Link back to the person who tagged you (thank them if you feel like it or, if not, curse them with a plague of ladybugs).
3. Cut and paste your old post into a new post or reblog your own bad self. (Either way is fine, but NO editing.)
4. Put the hashtag #MyFirstPostRevisited in your title.
5. Tag five (5) other bloggers to take up this challenge.
6. Notify your tags in the comment section of their blog (don’t just hope they notice a pingback somewhere in their spam).
7. Feel free to cut and paste the badge to use in your post.
8. Include “the rules” in your post.
9. Completely silly rules that I’m making up as I type:
• Write your post while wolfing down your favorite dessert.
• Do 10 cartwheels after you hit “Publish.”
William J. Jackson
The final parts of Seas. 2 Ep. 3 of my decopunk drama, “Beauty In The Bones”, are now live on Wattpad! In these two installments, the first showdown with the powerful and insidious spider shamaness, Hella, unfolds before Silas and his allies. New friends are introduced, and many new questions arise on this night of surprises and horrors. Read free at:
I recently appeared as a guest on the retrofuture podcast ‘The Fedora Chronicles’. Check out my interview to learn more about retro-futurism, diesel/steam/atompunk and the wonders of classic science fiction with its anachronistic visions of the future 🙂
I’m in the process of re-designing my site layout, so please excuse the dust while it’s in progress. 😉
I’ve finished another science fiction short:) This cyberpunk noir generation ship short story appears in the Best Of ’16 issue of Tevun Krus. The interstellar greatship Melpomene faces a crisis, though some of its citizens–including the all-guiding Sister–see things more as a crossroads. Chief Enforcer Finlo Grady is one of only three remaining First Generation post-homs–humans who willingly take a life-rejuvenating yet very addictive and dangerous substance to prolong their lives. The other post-homs have all died or gone insane over the ship’s three century voyage to seed other planets. Finlo prides himself on being a protector and teacher of what humanity and life on home Earth really mean. But time and isolation have taken their toll on the human heart. As civilization reaches further into the stars, the struggle for meaning in the face of death and absolute power may overcome all.
Be aware that while most of my work is in the PG-13 area, I’d rate this one a light R. Contains extreme language, sexual situations, and violence.